Skip to main content

Best Reason To Leave Your Email on Your Website

What is easier Email or Phone calls?  I'd say email any day but I think I might be in the minority on this question.  

I do a lot of marketing.  A lot of that means finding prospects, which requires looking at a lot of websites.  One thing that completely confounds me is a business website that doesn't post their email address.  There are thousands of them.  Then there is the group that try to make it difficult to just click on the email or copy it.  They incorporate spaces like: booncartoons @ comcast . net or this method booncartoons(at)comcast(dot)net, or they use some image file that shows the address.

I know why they are doing it.  It's because they don't want "spam" or junk mail.  I get it, it is a pain but is it really that painful that you would risk making it a pain for a potential customer to reach you. Most would justify this lack of an email address on their site by saying I have my phone number, they can call me.  Yea sure they can call you, but I'm pretty sure these types of people also hate getting phone solicitations so more likely than not they don't answer their phone.  They check messages.    

That's what I don't understand.  I, a million times over, would much rather rifle through a bunch of emails deleting those that I don't need than wading through a bunch of voice mails.  Voice mail are a true pain to deal with.  For the most part you have to keep clicking a button to fast forward through it if you know you don't want to listen and then listen to the same fucking instructions, "end of message", "message deleted", "next message", blah, blah, blah.  I can blow through 50 emails before I can get through 5 voice mails.  

Sometimes when I come across a website with no email addresses it just makes my inner treasure hunter come out.  I start doing all kinds of cross referenced web searches until I find the email address.  Because at some time they put it on the internet and it can be found.  Would I do this if I was a potential customer, hell no. I'd just move on to the next.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agnes Martin, Artist? That is such BULLSHIT!

I didn't have any intent to blog today.  Then I saw the GOOGLE doodle for today, a set of vertical colored stripes.  Since I use several computers, but only one do I stay logged in on my Google account I figured the other computers were just not showing the image correctly.  This seems to have been the case in the past when these Google doodles have animation.  I went to my computer logged into Google, but no movement when I moved my mouse over the image.  So I clicked on the image.   This led me to all the associated links and discussions of what this doodle was celebrating Agnes Martin. This is some of the first text I read: Agnes Bernice Martin was a Canadian-American abstract painter, often referred to as a minimalist; Martin considered herself an abstract expressionist. She was awarded a National Medal of Arts from the National Endowment for the Arts in 1998" from Wikipedia.  I continued to look at more images.  It seems all this women painte...

First Sighting

By this point in my life I’d flown enough to have seen the world through a wider lens than afforded on a car trip.  I’d seen the tree tops, fields and mountains from an airplane window, but flying to an island, looking out the window and seeing effectively what looked like nothing was an eye opening experience.  Water is pretty featureless from 35,000 feet.  Just black as far in all directions as you can see.  It really drove home the reality of how huge the ocean is, and the world by extension and how small we are in comparison.  There is a lot to see out there and I was seeing a small bit of it for the first time. After five hours of the featureless, blackness our destination appeared as a disruption to the nothingness on the horizon.  The earth started to poke its rocky, tree covered dermis forth from the water.  The black water started to turn to dark blue giving away to ever lighter hues of blue.  The outline of the land looked like the pip...

Exercising Obsessed Mom Can't Handle The Truth

One of my Facebook "friends" started posting her daily workout status.  She established earlier on that she was going to challenge herself to do some workout every day for 30 days in a row.  The entire month of November.  I followed these post and noticed there were some who would comment the expected comments, "way to go", "keep it up", "whew, you are making me tired"...all well deserved, but no one was giving her the kind of comments that might inspire her to push harder, like: "is that all you got?", "hmm, only 10 miles", "come on get back in the gym and off FB!" There did come a day when she posted she was not able to workout due to some conflict.   And still no real comments to motivate her.  This post got me to thinking, what was the intent behind her post?  Was it to keep herself on track.  Was it to publicly "brag" or "show off" (felt that was unlikely).  Was it hoped to receive some accou...