Skip to main content

How to Become a Motivational Speaker


Here is a list of sure fire ways to become an inspiration and launch your career as a motivational speaker.

  • Get Fat
  • Get Addicted to Drugs or Booze
  • Kill Some One
  • Take Advantage of People
I've noticed this as a popular trend over the years.  If you can manage to make a complete wreck of your life, then correct and clean up this mess you've created, you will earn the right to tell other people the secrets and methods of how not to do what you did, or correct their own mess, which can lead to a very enriching career as a motivational speaker.   Their is no shortage of examples out there.



The Formula to Motivational Speaking

  • get fat, have surgery to loose weight, become inspiration
  • do drugs, become drug addict, almost die, get clean, become an inspiration
  • have one drink, drink more, do something stupid, self profess being alcoholic, stop drinking, become inspiration
  • kill someone, go to prison, come out, tell people killing is bad, become inspiration
  • build company from scratch, rob people blind by cheating them, get caught, go to prison, become inspiration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agnes Martin, Artist? That is such BULLSHIT!

I didn't have any intent to blog today.  Then I saw the GOOGLE doodle for today, a set of vertical colored stripes.  Since I use several computers, but only one do I stay logged in on my Google account I figured the other computers were just not showing the image correctly.  This seems to have been the case in the past when these Google doodles have animation.  I went to my computer logged into Google, but no movement when I moved my mouse over the image.  So I clicked on the image.   This led me to all the associated links and discussions of what this doodle was celebrating Agnes Martin. This is some of the first text I read: Agnes Bernice Martin was a Canadian-American abstract painter, often referred to as a minimalist; Martin considered herself an abstract expressionist. She was awarded a National Medal of Arts from the National Endowment for the Arts in 1998" from Wikipedia.  I continued to look at more images.  It seems all this women painte...

First Sighting

By this point in my life I’d flown enough to have seen the world through a wider lens than afforded on a car trip.  I’d seen the tree tops, fields and mountains from an airplane window, but flying to an island, looking out the window and seeing effectively what looked like nothing was an eye opening experience.  Water is pretty featureless from 35,000 feet.  Just black as far in all directions as you can see.  It really drove home the reality of how huge the ocean is, and the world by extension and how small we are in comparison.  There is a lot to see out there and I was seeing a small bit of it for the first time. After five hours of the featureless, blackness our destination appeared as a disruption to the nothingness on the horizon.  The earth started to poke its rocky, tree covered dermis forth from the water.  The black water started to turn to dark blue giving away to ever lighter hues of blue.  The outline of the land looked like the pip...

Exercising Obsessed Mom Can't Handle The Truth

One of my Facebook "friends" started posting her daily workout status.  She established earlier on that she was going to challenge herself to do some workout every day for 30 days in a row.  The entire month of November.  I followed these post and noticed there were some who would comment the expected comments, "way to go", "keep it up", "whew, you are making me tired"...all well deserved, but no one was giving her the kind of comments that might inspire her to push harder, like: "is that all you got?", "hmm, only 10 miles", "come on get back in the gym and off FB!" There did come a day when she posted she was not able to workout due to some conflict.   And still no real comments to motivate her.  This post got me to thinking, what was the intent behind her post?  Was it to keep herself on track.  Was it to publicly "brag" or "show off" (felt that was unlikely).  Was it hoped to receive some accou...